By Greg Rumney,Dave Stockton Jr.
Read or Download 1964 Flood of Humboldt and Del Norte, The (Images of America) PDF
Similar disaster relief books
Element Pleasant's Silver Bridge, the 1st eyebar suspension bridge within the usa, was once an engineering surprise while it was once developed in 1927 and 1928. situated on US road 35, the bridge spanned the Ohio River and associated aspect friendly, West Virginia, with the cities of Kanauga and Gallipolis, Ohio.
Japan, that is one of the so much earthquake-prone areas on this planet, has a protracted heritage of responding to seismic failures. in spite of the fact that, regardless of advances in earthquake-related security applied sciences, the destructiveness of the significance nine category earthquake and tsunami that struck the rustic on 3/11 raised profound questions about how societies can deal successfully with seismic dangers.
Think a strength in nature extra robust than a number of atomic bombs—that used to be the good Hinckley hearth of September 1, 1894. in just 4 hours, the fireplace incinerated over four hundred sq. miles of wooded area, killed not less than 418 settlers and an unknown variety of forest-dwelling local american citizens, and destroyed six cities in a firestorm of flame.
The nuclear coincidence at Chernobyl on April 26, 1986 had a heavy impression on existence, overall healthiness, and the surroundings. It prompted discomfort to humans within the Ukraine, Belarus, and Russia and nervousness far-off from those international locations. the commercial losses and social dislocation have been serious in a zone already below pressure.
- The Politics and Policies of Relief, Aid and Reconstruction: Contrasting approaches to disasters and emergencies
- Temps et espaces des crises de l'environnement: Sociétés et ressources renouvelables (Indisciplines) (French Edition)
- New Perspectives in Global Environmental Disasters (Emerald Gems)
- Leadership in the Open: A New Paradigm in Emergency Management
- After the Disaster: Re-creating Community and Well-Being at Buffalo Creek since the Notorious Coal-Mining Disaster in 1972
Additional resources for 1964 Flood of Humboldt and Del Norte, The (Images of America)